Use the WayBack Machine to Evaluate the Evolution of Your Marketing Approach
As your business and website evolves, it can be easy to lose touch with your initial business focus. Using the WayBack Machine is a fun and educational way to track how your message has evolved over the years. The WayBack Machine is a free online tool that has been crawling the web and taking snapshots of publicly accessible webpages since 1996. Putting a web address into the WayBack Machine allows you to see what that webpage looked like at the various moments it was crawled by the Machine. We recommend viewing your website as it has been captured by the Wayback Machine throughout the years. You can ask yourself these questions:
- What is the central message I am conveying on my website?
- Is it still easy for a customer to grasp what makes my products and/or services unique and important?
- Have I added so much to my site that the central message has been diluted?
Growing and strategically advancing your business is a good thing. But periodically looking back at your beginnings is a great reality check and can help you make sure that your business and website are moving in the direction that is true to your original intent.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm