Use Product Videos as a Selling Tool
One challenge of selling online is that potential buyers can’t see the product in person. A video can help bridge the gap between the digital and physical world and influence purchasing decisions. Videos give you the chance to attach a human face to your products and to let your passion and personality shine through.
Creating a video for all of your products is a huge task, particularly if you have a large product catalog, so we suggest picking one or two of your top products and beginning with those.
You want content that is VIE-able–Valuable, Interesting, and Entertaining. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Answer Questions: Create an instructional video so that customers know how to use the product.
- Show Details: Use a video to give customers a 360 degree view or show an angle or feature that a photograph doesn’t quite capture. Let them see how the product looks in action.
- Demonstrate Quality: Give potential customers a behind-the-scenes look at how your product was made or how it stands up to wear and tear.
Even amateurs can create high quality videos using a video camera or smartphone and free editing tools. For more video tips read our article on getting started with video.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page