Tune Your Unique Value Proposition
Here is a quick pre-Fourth of July exercise: take a moment to look at your website's home page and check if your Unique Value Proposition (UVP) needs updating.
Your UVP is the expression of the unique edge that sets your business apart from your competition. The UVP can take many forms:
- How you provide customer service.
- Unique characteristics of your product or service.
- The knowledge and experience of your personnel.
Whatever your UVP, you want to be sure to communicate it clearly on your website. If you have been a Marketing Bites reader for the past few years, you know we have discussed this topic before (for more inspiration on developing your UVP, you can check out our Marketing Bite titled "Act Like a Big Brand").
Our point for today is this: businesses evolve over time. Your business approach and UVP might not be the same today as it was five years ago when you rolled out your website. We recommend that you look closely at your home page. Does the message you are conveying still reflect the core strength of your business that distinguishes you from your competitors? If not, now is a good time to sharpen and update that message.
The staff at HEROweb wishes you a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm