Teach Your Customers How To Evangelize Your Products and Services
This Marketing Bite was inspired by Susan at http://www.rainbabygear.com....
You might have a band of fervent customers who would be happy to talk up your awesome products and services. They might just need a little direction to show them how to do their sharing in the most effective way possible.
Over the last several years, in these columns, we have talked about some of the how-tos for using social media, blogs, and website links to build and spread awareness of your offerings. You might be more of an expert on these topics than you think! Many of your customers might have the will to share some photos that feature your products but might not be aware of how to do that in a way that best benefits your business.
Here are a few suggestions:
1. On your website and in product packaging give specific tips for social sharing and how you request people to reference your own facebook page or website when they do a social media post. The key idea is that you don't just want people talking about your product but you want them to tag or link to our own pages.
2. Provide detailed examples about how you would like others to link to your site from their own website or blog posts. Here is an example of a Links page on a website.
3. If you are a wholesaler, provide clear direction for how your customers can display your products in their store or website. Providing easy-to-access images and descriptive text for their website can help them sell your product.
Even if you are not a marketing guru, you can educate your appreciative customers on the mechanics of sharing. Many people will welcome the advice.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm