Tailor Your Home Page to Existing Customers
Does your home page provide any content, incentives, or clear entry point for your current customers? If not, take some time to connect with the key segment of your customer base.
Many siteowners focus their message toward new customers. While this is important, the long-term success of your business will likely be determined by the strength of your customer base and the business you will get from existing customers.
Here are some steps you can take:
- Have a specific greeting for existing customers and reinforce your connection with them.
- Offer an incentive for customers to place repeat orders with your business.
- Develop a client center or regularly-updated high-value content that gives your customers a reason to keep coming back to your site.
The cost of obtaining new customers is usually higher than the cost of retaining and satisfying existing ones. The time you put in to ensure your website respects the high-value relationships you have already built will pay great dividends for your business and make your customer base happy to be doing business with you.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm