Stay Up-To-Date with SEO Changes
If you own a website, you want to maintain, at a minimum, some general awareness of changes that the major search engines are implementing.
The overall trend at Google and Bing is that they are working hard to eliminate the benefit that sites have received over the past decade by using creative and sometimes deceptive practices to boost their search rankings. Instead, the search engines have become much more sophisticated in terms of analyzing content on your site and analyzing the quality of the sites that are linking to you.
Here are the actions we recommend:
1. If you feel you have no time or interest to invest in your Search Engine IQ, then we suggest you at least take this one step: If in the last 10 years you paid for any service that promised you high search engine listings by getting you incoming links, setting up multiple websites for you, or doing anything else that they claimed would get you on the first page of Google, consider hiring someone to evaluate what they did and whether those steps are currently damaging your search rankings.
2. If you are generally concerned about your search rankings, but not an Internet Marketing whiz, I would spend 10 minutes reading Google's Webmaster Guidelines. If you understand and play by Google's rules, your odds of success go up considerably.
3. If you are heavily invested in your SEO success, we suggest that you study the latest Moz.com trends in search engine ranking factors and invest some time in understanding the meaning of each of the top factors.
SEO is a continually evolving discipline. What you did to be successful five or ten years ago will likely not work as well today. If you set aside a little time to go over the changes in SEO factors, you will be able to stay competitive with your search rankings.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm