Read Google's and Bing's Linking Guidelines
We have received quite a few customer questions in 2014 about linkbuilding. We are of the opinion that having quality links to your website is one of the most important factors influencing your organic search placement for competitive terms. AND... getting natural links coming from high-quality websites is a very difficult thing to do.
Over the next four weeks we are going to offer a range of tips to help you understand what you can do to attract quality links.
To start off, we recommend you take a few minutes and study what Google and Bing say about linking.
1. Read Google's Guidelines on Linking.
2. Read what Bing has to say about linking.
Several years ago, there were all kinds of creative ways to get links to your site. But many of those methods that were perfectly acceptable even three years ago, can now get you in trouble.
Please read the guidelines that Google and Bing have released. In the weeks ahead, we will be offering up suggestions.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm