Promote Your Business on YouTube’s One Channel
In recent years, YouTube, which is owned by Google, has assumed its position as one of the most powerful marketing tools for businesses. This month’s unveiling of YouTube’s One Channel involves major design changes to increase the number of subscribers throughout YouTube, and to your specific account. YouTube has recognized the surge in use of mobile devices for viewing videos, and has developed One Channel to work seamlessly across browsers of all screens and sizes.
Consider these ideas for promoting your business on YouTube One Channel:
- Create a trailer video: Only non-subscribers will see this trailer, so let them know what your business is about, and most importantly, don’t forget the call-to-action (e.g., inviting them to subscribe to your channel).
- Include eye-catching channel art: The banner image at the top of your YouTube page can include your logo, photo, text, etc., and displays links to your social media and merchandise accounts. It’s one of the first things a visitor will see on your page, so represent your brand well!
- Organize your content: Organize your videos into playlists so visitors can quickly access their topic of choice (e.g., “New Products” or “User Submissions”). Playlists are a great way to keep things looking fresh, and for highlighting older videos by adding them to new categories. This is especially helpful if you don’t have the resources for making new videos.
YouTube will automatically transition users to One Channel in mid-June. Get ready for the update by configuring your account at the YouTube One Channel page today. Make sure to sign in with your Google ID before clicking the “Get the New Design” button at the top of the page.
If your business is not on YouTube, you're missing out on one of the most powerful (and free!) marketing resources out there. Sign up for YouTube to get started and share your business with YouTube's 1+ billion monthly users.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm