Preserve Webpages that are Doing Well in the Search Engines
If you have a webpage that is ranking well in Google or Bing organic
search, you want to be sure not to delete or significantly adjust that
page; you could lose your ranking and see a drop in traffic.
Here are the steps we recommend to preserve your successful pages:
- Be aware of which pages on your site have good traction in the organic search results.
- If you switch out products or services annually or seasonally, check the search engine results for those pages before you replace them. If they are doing well, you may want to update the content on the older pages rather than deleting them and creating new ones.
- Make sure, if your title tags are date-specific, that you update the year or date in the title when updating content.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm