Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Within a week, holiday sales will be winding down. Now is a good time to consider crafting a post-Christmas sale to capture shoppers who are thinking beyond buying gifts for friends and family.
As customers transition from gift-giving to purchasing for themselves, the focus of your sales should reflect that change. You may want to target customers using gift cards, and/or customers seeking to fulfill a New Year’s Resolution.
Here are a few post-holiday sale ideas you may want to consider:
- Discount products or services that could help visitors fulfill their resolutions to be happier, healthier, or to commit to a lifestyle change.
- Create a winter clearance sale.
- Create a “self-gifting” sale to target customers with gift cards or those buying gifts for themselves.
January can be a tough time for businesses as holiday sales drop off and/or customers seek to return items. A post-holiday sale is one good way to keep your holiday momentum.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page