Match Your Website Pages with Your SEO Keywords
Figuring out which pages on your site are the best match for your SEO keyword phrases is an important part of successful search engine optimization. We recommend that you consider these three factors:
- Focus on Page Relevance - Make sure the content of each page you are optimizing is applicable to between 1-3 keyword phrases. Read the copy on the page to yourself. If it is not clearly about the phrases you are optimizing for, you have more work to do.
- Leverage Current Success - Search for your mission-critical phrases on Google. If you have a page that already comes up highly for a particular phrase, focus on improving the relevance for that phrase; don't try to focus the page on something else. If you already come up #1 for a phrase, don't tinker too much with the page that is ranking highly.
- Be Specific - Trying to develop one page for a long list of keywords is a recipe for failure. Focus each page on a very small set of keywords. Better to focus twenty pages on one specific keyword for each page than to try to cram all your keywords into one page.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page