Keep Up-To-Date On Google's Changes
2013 was a big year of changes for Google's organic search, and keeping up with Google's evolving approach was a formidable challenge. If you are in the web business, it is mission-critical for you to stay informed about how Google ranks websites and what the latest changes mean for your business.
Here are some immediate steps we recommend:
- Read this SearchEngineLand Article: SEO Changed Forever In 2013. How To Adjust And Thrive In 2014
- Review HEROweb's recent article: Changes to Keyword Tracking in Google Analytics
- Identify what you feel are the 10 most important pages on your site. Evaluate whether the titles and text on these pages accurately reflect a focused set of keyword phrases that your customers would search for.
While it can sometimes seem intimidating for non-techies to decipher Google updates, there are many great sources out there that explain in easy-to-understand language how updates to Google may affect your business. So find sources that can speak to you, and make sure to stay on top of Google's 2014 updates. HEROweb will do our part to keep you informed about the most significant changes.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page