Offer Gift Certificates as a Holiday Promotion
- During the holidays, put your offer of gift certificates front and center on your site.
- Integrate the gift certificate into your homepage, the tops of product pages, and all email marketing you send out.
- Run specials on gift certificates through your social media accounts (for example, get a $50 gift certificate for only $40 when you mention a certain promo code ran on Twitter or Facebook).
- Ask regular customers to spread the word of your site and gift certificates - turn them into ambassadors!
- Offer your customers several different options for sending gift certificates to their friends, which can include electronic transmission or a print out that can be mailed in a nice holiday card.
Even if you are in a service industry, a little consideration will likely reveal some ways that you can incorporate gift certificates into holiday marketing.
If you are an MightyMerchant customer, you can go to our Support Center gift certificate page to see how our gift certificates feature works.
Do you have any examples of innovative uses of gift certificates that you have tried? Please share them with us through our HEROweb Facebook page.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page