Filter Your Own Traffic Out of Google Analytics
If you are like many website owners, the most frequent visitors to your website are you and other members of your staff. To prevent your own visits from skewing your Google Analytics reports, we recommend that you create a simple filter in Google Analytics to suppress your own traffic from the data.
For step-by-step instructions on creating the filter, please visit our support document titled “ Filtering Your IP Address from Google Analytics.”
This quick step can greatly improve the usefulness of your Google Analytics data for analyzing how your customers and potential customers interact with your website.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page