Evaluate Your Out-of-Stock Notices
Despite your best efforts, you may occasionally run out of something that a customer places an order for, especially during the holiday season. Keep your customer's satisfaction in mind during those times when you may run out:
- Post an out-of-stock message on the product page of your website rather than at the cart.
- Determine if you want customers to be able to place orders for products that are out-of-stock and on back order.
- If you do not allow back orders and the order has mistakenly gone through, send an out-of-stock email as soon as possible.
On the occasion that you do have to send an out-of-stock email, be sure to use this to your advantage. Remember that every interaction with a customer is an opportunity to improve your relationship. Consider these tips to get the most out of your out-of-stock emails:†
- Recommend a product similar to the one they ordered.
- Offer a promotion code for the customerís next order to offset their inconvenience.
- Make sure your email contains all of the information that the customer may want to know, including your customer service representativeís name, email, and phone number if they want to talk directly with someone.
- Let the customer know when the item will be in stock if they want to wait for it.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm