Do a Yearly Competitive Analysis
Even if you are a small business, keeping tabs on what your competition is doing is an important part of your overall marketing strategy. We suggest that you schedule a time each year to do a survey of your competition.
Here are some of the items you want to look for:
- Are there new competitors in your space who are bringing in creative ideas and innovation?
- Are your known competitors taking new approaches or adjusting their offerings or pricing?
- Are there trends in your industry that you can identify?
- Are the past approaches that set you apart from your competition still holding up?
- How are you stacking up in organic search listings, and which competitors are utilizing paid search?
Ultimately, marketing is a creative (and competitive) endeavor. In order to be on your game, you need to understand the evolving game you are in and what the other players are doing.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page