Determine Where Your Pages Come Up in Organic Search
Determining where your pages come up in an organic search is a helpful step towards improving the online visibility of your business. Here are our recommended steps for discovering your page rankings for specific searches:
1. Make a list of the top 5 pages on your site that you intuitively feel should be ranked in Google for your primary keywords.
2. Write down the list of keyword phrases for which you feel you have optimized those pages. (If you don't know or you have never done any optimization, then you have some work to do before doing this exercise!)
3. Search in Google and Bing for those specific phrases and mark down which of your pages come up in the first two pages of the search results.
These simple steps should get you heading in the right direction. There are also some sophisticated systems for doing in-depth search analysis. If your pages do come up, congratulations! You are likely on a good track with your SEO. If your pages are nowhere to be seen, you might want to consult with an SEO expert or review some of our resources for getting your SEO efforts on track.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page