Cultivate Your Top-10 SEO List
Putting a little time into SEO (search engine optimization) at regular intervals can pay real dividends. If you have limited time or funds to devote to online marketing, we recommend using this basic process to improve, or maintain, your SEO success:
- Keep a list of your ten most critical keyword phrases. These are the phrases that you would like your target customers to type into Google or Bing and have your site come up on the first page.
- Every six months, search for these phrases, assess where your site shows up in the search results, and mark down the results. (If your business has changed or you have added new product lines, you might need to adjust your list.)
- If you see a decline for any particular phrases, assess what changes you can make to your target webpages on your site or consult with an expert.
We have put together a list of SEO instructions to help you with optimizing your site:
The web is constantly evolving -- keeping an eye on your search engine success can help you make the necessary changes to preserve or increase your website traffic.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page