Continue to Market, Even When You're Busy
You don't have to let your marketing efforts or social media outreach slip just because you're on vacation, you're sick, it's the holidays, or you just need a break!
- Use automated services: Services such as Vertical Response Social (formerly Roost) suggest content ideas for you and allow you to pre-schedule the distribution of tweets and Facebook posts. Simply pick the date and time you want your content to appear, and with a few clicks it's ready to go. If you're a blogger, you can write blog posts ahead of time and schedule them for when you wish them to be published.
- Delegate: Empower a trusted colleague to manage certain pieces of your marketing communications while you're out. Work with your chosen person to develop a list of pre-approved topics, or create them yourself, then let the person take care of the distribution for you.
- Make friends with some mobile apps: An app for pretty much any task or service you can imagine is available these days. Peruse the Android or Mac app stores for business or productivity apps and discover what tools might help you take care of business as usual even you're not in your usual place.
We've found a few apps to make things easier for you:
- Evernote.com: A robust note-taking tool for to-dos and lists that syncs all of your notes across the computers and devices you use, allows you to email or tweet your notes, share your notes via social media, and search your notes.
- Vertical Response Social: Syncs with all your social media, provides posting ideas and schedule posts from your Vertical Response account.
- HootSuite.com: This dashboard syncs with all your social media - Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, Foursquare, LinkedIn, and more - to allow you to manage everything from one place.
Marketing your business takes daily work. List ways in which you can do some of this work ahead of time. Next, check out some of the apps above to make your day-to-day a little more manageable.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm