Assess Your On-Site Trust Indicators
We suggest that you review your website and checkout process from the perspective of a first-time visitor and ask yourself this question: would I trust this site?
Most shoppers or prospective customers are going to ask themselves the "trust" question at some point during their initial site visit. You want to make sure your site reinforces a positive answer.
Some key factors include:
- A description of your business and where you are physically located.
- A clear indication that the checkout on your site is secure.
- Trust symbols/icons showing the site/business has some kind of review from a third party, either for security or business practices.
- Legitimate testimonials/reviews from customers who have had a positive experience.
As many Internet users have some level of concern about credit card security and safety of their personal information, the job you do of earning their trust can be one of the key factors of your online success.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm