Assess the Photos on Your Home Page
Your website is a core hub and marketing channel for your business. This communication vehicle needs to be fresh, engaging, and up-to-date in order for your visitors and potential customers to stick around and see what you have to offer.
One way to provide fresh visual interest and interesting content is to regularly change the images on your home page. Think of your home page image(s) as a display in a storefront window. People "just passing by" are more likely to stop and take a closer look if the display is visually appealing or different from the last time they saw it.
No matter what your goals are for marketing or the type of site you have, it's critical to have eye-catching imagery. There are of course exceptions to the rule (such as Craigslist), but in general, it's important to have visual appeal even if your industry doesn't lend itself well to visuals.
Do an assessment of the images on your home page and ask yourself a few questions:
- Are your images compelling? Do they reinforce your main message and selling proposition? Do you have images of new or featured products? Do you rotate your images regularly?
If you find yourself answering "No" to any of these questions, consider bringing new images to your site. Custom photography or even photos from your manufacturers can bring new life to your home page.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
Thu, Mar 02 2017 3:21 pm
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm