Appeal to the Last Minute Shopper
Holiday shopping seasons often help push many retailers into the black when they are struggling, aided in part by promotions appealing to the last-minute shoppers. You can take advantage of this as well, by creating promotions specifically targeted to procrastinators:
- Extend your specials or ramp them up the last week of the season. Shoppers are increasingly waiting until the last minute, so give those stragglers something special.
- Keep those emails blasts coming. Feature gift items and pricing specials designed to get customers to take action when it hits their inbox.
- Offer free or discounted shipping with delivery in time for Christmas much later than usual.
- Promote your gift certificates or e-gift cards. Many retailers offer discounts directly on their gift certificates to stimulate sales (e.g. a $50 gift certificate for only $40).
- A well-timed, attention-getting tweet or Facebook update offering a discount could be the driving factor for those waiting until the last possible second to buy the perfect gift.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Simplify Your Homepage Text
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page