Uncover Promotional Opportunities with Google Alerts
Google Alerts is the name of a service offered by Google to track web activity related to a specific phrase or name that you can define. By taking a few minutes to set up some Google Alerts related to your business, you will better be able to keep tabs on when and where your business is mentioned, giving you the opportunity to leverage or respond to those mentions.
Here are a few reasons why you might want to set up Google Alerts for your business:
- To identify articles, blog posts, or other content where your business is mentioned positively and that you could share on your website or via social media.
- To discover happy customers who might be willing to leave a positive review on your site.
- To uncover negative reviews that you may be able to address publicly via comments to show the reviewer -- and the public -- that your business cares.
Setting up Google Alerts is a quick process. To help ensure that the flow of alerts is manageable, you will likely want to set up alerts for very specific phrases (your business name, or your own name, for example), and make use of the settings to control when and how often you are notified.
For simple instructions on getting started with Google Alerts, please view Google’s documentation on how to Create an Alert.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm
- SiteBeat: December 2016 SiteBeat Newsletter
Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 pm
- Marketing Bite: Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:07 pm
- Marketing Bite: Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
Thu, Dec 08 2016 4:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:27 pm