Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
As part of your social media strategy, consider periodically supplementing your original content by sharing quality content from other sources.
Ideally, original content should form the foundation of your social media strategy, doing the work to generate interest in your products and services and draw people to your site. Shared content from other sources can round out your posts with fresh ideas and news, and help you expand your audience.
Here are our suggestions for sharing content:
- Curate content that resonates specifically with your business and/or customer base.
- Make it personal. Some platforms, like Facebook, may give more exposure to new posts rather than posts shared with built-in sharing buttons, so it may be worthwhile to share content via a new post and include a brief observation or reaction of your own.
- Donít link to competitors. This one seems obvious, but itís always a good idea to investigate the sources of pieces before you share and make sure your offerings donít overlap.
- Make sure you are using content you have the right to share. When in doubt, ask the source!
Shared content isnít a substitute for original content, particularly when it comes to building traffic to your website. On the other hand, it can be a useful tool for building your social media audience so your original content has a wider reach in the future.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm
- SiteBeat: December 2016 SiteBeat Newsletter
Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 pm
- Marketing Bite: Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:07 pm
- Marketing Bite: Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
Thu, Dec 08 2016 4:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:27 pm