Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
When someone subscribes to your mailing list, you have the opportunity to make a positive first impression by following up with an automated welcome email. If you donít typically send a welcome email, consider setting one up, and if you do have one in place, now is a good time to review that email to make sure it provides a warm introduction to your business.
Many email marketing providers offer the option to send welcome emails automatically. You can contact your provider for information on activating and/or customizing a welcome email, or click on the name of a provider in this list for specific instructions: MailChimp, Vertical Response, Constant Contact.
We suggest creating a welcome email that achieves the following goals:
- Fosters familiarity by using brand elements such as logos, color palettes, and fonts that will help customers recognize your business and emails.
- Provides the new subscriber with accurate and up-to-date contact information, including social media links.
- Lets subscribers know what kinds of information and offers they can expect to receive from you in future emails.
- If possible, thanks customers with a discount or other bonus, helping you get your relationship off to a good start.
To build a solid foundation for a relationship with your subscribers, start off with a welcome email that provides them a fast, favorable, and informative response to their interest in your mailing list.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm
- SiteBeat: December 2016 SiteBeat Newsletter
Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 pm
- Marketing Bite: Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:07 pm
- Marketing Bite: Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
Thu, Dec 08 2016 4:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:27 pm