Review Your Google My Business Listing
If you have a Google My Business listing, it is important that you periodically review that information to ensure that Google users have an accurate first impression of your business. Google My Business listings include a collection of contact information, reviews, and photos that pop up on the right-hand side of the Google search results page when someone Googles your business name.
Here are the steps we would suggest taking:
- Google your business name to view your listing.
- Claim your listing, if you haven’t yet, by clicking the “Claim this business” link on the listing. The claiming process can take time, so even if your information is accurate, you’ll likely want to claim your business so that you can make changes swiftly in the future.
- Ensure that the basic factual information (location, phone, hours, website) is correct.
- If you like, upload additional photos to better express your business.
If you don’t currently have a listing, you may be able to create one -- even if you are a mobile or online-only business! You can visit the Google My Business home page to get started.
If you are a business without a brick-and-mortar location, Google offers directions on how to define your service areas on their Service-area businesses on Google page.
Given the vast number of people using Google to search the web, it’s key to make sure that Google is offering its users the correct information about your business.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Connect with Email Subscribers on Facebook
Thu, Feb 16 2017 3:34 pm
- Marketing Bite: Use Attribution Modeling to Tune Your Online Marketing Budget
Thu, Feb 09 2017 4:47 pm
- Marketing Bite: Hone Your Marketing Approach Using Customer Observations
Thu, Feb 02 2017 3:38 pm
- Marketing Bite: Test Your Mailing List Signup
Thu, Jan 26 2017 5:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm