Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
The methodology Google uses to rank sites continues to evolve rapidly. We recommend you spend a little time each year to keep up with the changes so you can plan your Internet marketing strategy accordingly.
Searchmetrics, a major SEO platform provider, has recently released their latest SEO factors report, which looks toward a future in which content relevance is increasingly the key factor in determining SEO success. Interestingly, Searchmetrics also asserts they will be retiring their annual report after this year as the field of SEO has changed so much and the report has outlived its usefulness.
If you would like to download the full study, Searchmetrics requires you to fill out a brief form. If you prefer, you can read Searchmetrics overview of their report.
Some key takeaways from the report include:
- Google will use different factors to evaluate content relevance based on personalization, and on the intent behind the user’s search.
- The factors that determine relevance will be in flux, as Google’s search algorithm is now continually learning and adapting in order to provide results that users find more relevant.
- Content that is hard for users or search engines to reach, takes a long time to load, or is not mobile-friendly is less likely to earn a high ranking.
These factors represent a continued evolution in Google’s search algorithm. At the most basic level, it’s important to create content that users will find both helpful and fast and easy to access. Searchmetrics’ report provides a closer look at what exactly this means for you and your site.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm
- SiteBeat: December 2016 SiteBeat Newsletter
Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 pm
- Marketing Bite: Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:07 pm
- Marketing Bite: Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
Thu, Dec 08 2016 4:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:27 pm