Format Your Content with Lists to Make it Easier to Read
If you have important information you’d like to get across to website visitors, consider organizing it into a bulleted or numbered list. We touched on this subject last September in our Bite “Create Product Descriptions for Users with Short Attention Spans,” and now we invite you to explore how lists can make other content -- from the welcome text on your homepage to your customer service information -- concise, quicker to understand, and more compelling than a dense block of text.
Here are some examples of content that may work well as a list:
- Benefits of a product or service
- Reasons why your business stands out from your competitors
- Instructions of any kind
- Product specifications or care instructions
Lists are easy to create using the MightyMerchant Text Editor. For a brief overview of the list formatting options we offer, as well as other Text Editor options, check out our MightyMerchant Text Editor Toolbar Tips. You can also watch our video on Using the MightyMerchant Text Editor to see how you can create a list.
Lists break up your content into bite-size pieces that are easy to read and process. Using lists can be a good way to get information across that could otherwise be lost in a long paragraph.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm
- SiteBeat: December 2016 SiteBeat Newsletter
Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 pm
- Marketing Bite: Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:07 pm
- Marketing Bite: Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
Thu, Dec 08 2016 4:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:27 pm