Evaluate Your Site for Duplicate Page Titles
We recommend that you review your website’s page titles and edit or remove phrases that you have repeated across multiple pages. Creating pages on your site with unique page titles and unique content will send a strong signal to search engines that each page has unique and valuable content for your users and you will likely be rewarded with broader search engine success.
You can follow these steps to improve your page titles:
- Go to http://www.google.com and in the Search box type:
Replace (yoursite.com) with your actual site.
- Evaluate the entries that Google has indexed. Your page titles will display in blue. We recommend taking the time to click through as many of Google’s results as you have time for.
- Note any duplicate patterns in your page titles.
- Go to your MightyMerchant Site Manager and use the Optimize feature to adjust your page titles.
For more information on page titles and how to edit them on a MightyMerchant site, please review our documentation on Using MightyMerchant to Optimize Your Website For Search Engines.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm
- SiteBeat: December 2016 SiteBeat Newsletter
Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 pm
- Marketing Bite: Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:07 pm
- Marketing Bite: Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
Thu, Dec 08 2016 4:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:27 pm