Consider Updating Your Website Images
As connection speeds have increased and storage costs have declined, there is less need to minimize the size and quantity of images on your website and product pages. We recommend loading multiple large images per product to give your shoppers the best view of what you have to offer.
Here are our specific suggestions for image sizing:
- Aim for images that are 1024 pixels in height or width, with a resolution of 72 dpi.
- Resizing images from a smaller size to a larger size results in a loss of image quality. For best results, use images that are large to begin with.
- If possible, pick a consistent size for your product images and stick with it. Consistent sizing produces the best display results, and can help you achieve a clean, professional look for your product pages.
For more information about image file types, cropping, resizing, and using images in conjunction with your MightyMerchant website, check out our documentation on Working with Images.
About the Marketing Bite
Marketing Bites are short actionable tips to help you market your business. Each Bite contains a marketing idea and an easy to complete action. The Marketing Bite is emailed weekly to subscribers.
"You offer such great information - I feel like I am gaining a bigger and smarter marketing presence. Thank you so much!" -Pamela
"Thanks. I have been getting a lot of value from [the Marketing Bite]. If I need help with marketing on the web in the future, I know where to find the experts." -Jodi
Need a Website?Get a Quote
- Marketing Bite: Read Facebook's Admin's Guide to Moderating Your Page
Thu, Jan 12 2017 4:43 pm
- Marketing Bite: Review Searchmetrics Latest Ranking Factors Report
Thu, Jan 05 2017 4:50 pm
- SiteBeat: December 2016 SiteBeat Newsletter
Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:26 pm
- Marketing Bite: Plan a Post-Holiday Sale
Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:07 pm
- Marketing Bite: Share Curated Content from Other Sources on Social Media
Thu, Dec 08 2016 4:30 pm
- Marketing Bite: Send a Warm Welcome to Subscribers
Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:27 pm